Sunrsise and Rangiwahia Hut Booking Season;
Christmas Bbq, 3 December;
Tramping Guide Opportunity.
Sunrsise and Rangiwahia Hut Booking Season
Just a note to let you know that beds at Rangiwahia and Sunrise huts are currently bookable; until April 30th 2018. The booking system is accessible via the DOC website. People may call the Manawatu District Office to enquire and/or book, particularly if they have an annual hut pass. Annual hut pass holders can make a booking with no additional cost. Use of the booking system will be reviewed again once the season has closed.
– Have the difference between a booking, hut tickets and a hut pass outlined on signage at the huts.
– Have hut wardens present at the huts at peak times (volunteer hut wardens would still be welcome when paid wardens were not available, and outside of the bookable period).
– Give hut wardens a list of bookings for the applicable nights.
– Include specific columns on hut warden report forms to show who has hut tickets, bookings, annual hut passes or none.
Nicole Dillon, DoC, Palmerston North.
On Sunday 3rd Dec we held the Club Christmas BBQ at Omatua Girl Guide Lodge in Rissington.
Merry Christmas and happy and safe tramping over the Christmas and New Year holidays. Hint: Always take a PLB. If you would like to use a club PLB, please contact Alison Greer, Club Captain (see the contacts page on the website).
Tramping Guide Opportunity
GUIDED WALKS & TREKS IN THE RUAHINE AND KAWEKA RANGES
HAWKES BAY, NEW ZEALAND
430 Tukituki Road
RD10, Hastings, 4180
00 64 27 4518067
Afoot holds a concession from the Department for Conservation to lead guided treks
in the Ruahine and Kaweka Ranges. See www.afoot.co.nz.
This is a part-time opportunity for a suitably-qualified and fit outdoor education
enthusiast with good knowledge of the local ranges to join the operation.
The successful applicant would be required to lead student and adult groups through
the Ranges on multi-day trips. They would also have the opportunity to promote,
expand and share in new business.
Applicants will ideally have:-
• current outdoor first aid qualifications
• experience with student outdoor education programmes, and
• strong leadership qualities.
Contact Graham on 027 4518067 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.