Your online booking system
The club’s online tramp registration system allows you to reserve a place on any trip without needing to make a phone call, send a txt message or do paperwork at club meetings (although you can still use these methods). But before you begin, please read these notes carefully.
To use the system, you need:
- a Google account. Getting one is easy and free (and you don’t need to have a Gmail email address). Just click here to set up yours.
- the Google Sheets app installed on your computer or mobile device. You can download this when you set up your Google account.
- authorisation from the system administrator. This is a one-time action. You try to access the system, and see an option to request access. This sends a message to the administrator, who will add you to the list of authorised users.
If you’re unable to see or use the ‘request access’ option, send an email to:
julia at napiertrampingclub dot org dot nz
To make an online booking, go to the current Tramp List (see below) and double click on your chosen destination in column 5. This will take you to the booking form.
When you’ve reached the booking form, make sure that you’ve chosen the correct trip! Then simply enter your name. Your contact phone number(s) should be automatically inserted. If a displayed phone number is incorrect, please put a note in the Requests column. If you are booking on behalf of a guest, please state this in the Requests column and put their contact details there.
There is no need to look for a Save or Add button, because the system automatically saves your information as you type – and here at Tramp Control, we can see immediately who’s going where.
If you need to cancel your booking, return to the form via the Tramp List, and delete your name (as well as anything you put in the Requests line).
If you change your email address, you may lose access to the system. Let us know your new address, and we’ll update your details.
Click this link for the current Tramp List.
- For late-breaking stuff that may affect your tramp, including cancellations, check the situation via the tramp registration system.
- Bookings on the system normally close at 8pm Thursday for Saturday tramps and 8pm Monday for Wednesday trips. For later bookings or cancellations, please contact the organiser.
Privacy note: Access to this system is restricted to current club members on the authorised list. Only approved users can see personal details, such as phone numbers, on the booking forms.
Technical note: Be aware that some older devices can’t use Google Sheets. Oh, and as you may discover, cellphones and smaller tablets aren’t the best method of using the system. It’s much easier with a keyboard!
We also have Eezee tramps for anyone interested in joining the club, and wanting to get to know us beforehand. See our list of “Eezee” tramps.
If you’d like to discover what tramping is all about, we are happy to take you out on non-club trips, so that you can assess your own fitness, and whether you like tramping or not. A senior club member will take you for a short trip.
The normal transport cost is $20, unless we’re travelling further afield.
The Grade is measured assuming a reasonably fit person with some tramping experience.
Easy: 4-6 hours with undemanding terrain
Med: 4-6 hours that may include some steep walking
Hard: This could involve tramping for more than 7 hours in tough country
Easy/Med: Options for easy and medium tramps